The law says children and young people have the right to access information, advice and support separately from their parents.
We will help you to understand your rights and to inform you of the options you need to make informed decisions, so you can decide what you want to do next.
We can give you advice:
- by phone
- by email
- on Zoom calls
- in the form of factsheets
In some cases, depending on individual circumstances, we may be able to support you in meetings.
We can help with:
- choosing the right school or college
- understanding special educational needs support provision
- preparing for meetings
- getting your views heard about the support you need
- Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP)
- Personal Budgets
- resolving disagreements and tribunals
We treat all of the information you give us with confidence unless you ask us to share the information with someone, or if we feel that information you shared might put you or someone else in danger.
If we're not the right people to help you, we can assist you to find the right person or organisation to give you support, and to find out what other services and help are available locally or nationally.